A common method for heating large commercial and industrial spaces, steam coils work to heat a permeable grate of aluminum, copper, or stainless-steel fins though a series of horizontal steam coils. As the name suggests, the heat generated by these horizontal steam coils is generated through the condensing of steam, resulting in latent heat being released. This is an exceptionally efficient way of heating a space and is a popular option for large spaces with an exceptionally large heat load.
- Steam coil heating systems are used in a variety of applications including:
- Boiler Air Preheating
- Paper Machine Ventilator Coils
- Unit Heaters
- Power Boiler
- Space Heaters
We offer a full line of modulated and non-modulated steam coils manufactured, in a variety of materials.
Modulated Steam Distribution
- Optimizes steam distribution and adds freeze protection
- Allows temperature control by modulating steam flow
- High performance with low to high pressure steam
- Reduces condensate hold-up and tube failure
- Accelerates condensate removal
- Increases heat transfer efficiency
- Creates uniform leaving temperature over entire coil face
Multiple materials and configurations
- More economical
- High performance
- Low airside pressure drop
- Low airside fouling
Save Time & Money
Steam coil heating methods rely on the condensing of steam, and the release of latent heat, allowing for a constant heating source that responds more quickly, with less fluctuations than a traditional water-based system. The end result is the ability to heat a space using less energy and in less time.
Contact Us for More Information
At IHT, we offer top-quality, custom solutions for various industry applications—all delivered efficiently and at a competitive rate. For more information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 608.452.3103 to speak directly with a thermal design engineer today!